Stamped Concrete, Omaha, NE
HOW TO MAKE CONCRETE LOOK LIKE WOOD PLANKS
Concrete is a material that can be used in a wide variety of ways. Concrete can be decorated to look like almost anything, including brick, stone, and even wood if the contractor knows what he's doing. It's not uncommon for people to ask how we achieve the look of wood planks in concrete. It's a win-win situation: wood-like aesthetics with the durability and low maintenance of concrete. Stamps and colors are just some of the ways we can make any project unique. Here's how it's done:
Stamped Concrete that appears like wood
When it comes to design options, concrete is an excellent choice because of its extreme flexibility. Concrete is often imitated with stamp patterns, such as wood boards with textured wood grain. These "wood" planks have incredible texture detail that will astound you!
Wood-stamped concrete can be customized to match your home's aesthetics and your personal sense of style, thanks to concrete's versatility. Adding color and texture to stamped concrete designs can improve their appearance no matter what you choose.
Adding Color to Concrete
We use a variety of techniques to add beautiful colors to concrete. The best method for your project is determined by the look you desire.
• To change the color of your concrete before pouring, integrated colors are added during the mixing process.
• Concrete stains are used after the concrete has been poured to create vibrant colors and a glossy, smooth surface that looks fantastic on interior floors.
• While stained concrete is similar, dyed concrete is often better for achieving bright, vibrant colors.
• Color hardeners are excellent for achieving a strong, solid color. After your concrete is poured, we hand-lay color hardeners.
• Paint works well on concrete as well, especially if you want a solid color.
It's critical to get the color right if you want stamped concrete that looks like wood. The color method we use will be determined by the type of faux wood surface you desire. For a rustic deck, we might recommend a different color scheme than for a smooth, elegant interior floor.
Where are the Best Places to Find Wood-Looking Stamped Concrete?
This decorative concrete is ideal for any place where real wood is at risk of rotting or being damaged by the elements. It can also work beautifully in a variety of other contexts. Here are a couple of examples:
• Decorative concrete patios
• Interior wood stamped concrete floors
• Interior wood stamped concrete walls
• Wood-look concrete countertops
Many people are unaware of the benefits of concrete as a countertop material. Concrete that has been properly sealed is stain-resistant, crack-resistant, and very easy to clean.
With concrete stamp patterns and color customization, there is nearly no limit to what you can create. For example, you could choose a stamped concrete patio that looks like wood in one area but resembles cobblestone in another. Alternatively, perhaps you want your interior floors to look like wood in the living room and tiles in the kitchen. It's entirely up to you.
Tell us what you want, and we'll work with you to make it a reality.
Have you considered wood-stamped concrete for your home?
Design and craftsmanship go hand in hand at Omaha Concrete and Paving. We take great pride in producing high-quality, long-lasting results at a reasonable cost.
Do you wish to know more? The time to contact your Omaha Concrete and Paving stamped concrete contractors is now!